If you are already benefiting from chiropractic care in your life, you will probably get lots of questions that need explaining, like, “What is chiropractic?”, “What do they actually do?”, and, “So are you fixed yet?”
There are a few fundamental principles about chiropractic that I’ve summarised below:
- Every second of your life, your body is under control of your brain and nervous system.
- Your brain and nervous system are protected by your skull and spinal column.
- A change in normal alignment (sometimes seen in your posture) or movement of the spine will interrupt your normal nerve flow.
- This is disruption of nerve flow is called a Vertebral Subluxation.
- Subluxations are often “silent”, causing problems long before symptoms appear.
- Chiropractors do not treat anything; rather they find and adjust subluxations, allowing return of normal nerve flow (improving communication between your brain and body via the spinal cord).
- Normal nerve flow allows restoration of health as your body returns to normal function and balance – allowing a greater expression of life for you!
The story doesn’t end there though. Chiropractic care is about a partnership between you and the chiropractor: we adjust your spine and give advice on how to improve your lifestyle to prevent recurrence. In exchange we ask for you to improve your health by adopting the seven pillars of health, and decreasing your physical, chemical and emotional stress load when possible.
Ultimately chiropractic is about getting you from where you are (often in pain) to where you want to be (initially out of pain, then into better health so you can return to doing all the things you want to). Some people decide to stop there. Many people decide that chiropractic care can form a part of their wellness lifestyle, and have periodic checks (like going to the dentist).
If you have someone who was asking, “what is chiropractic?” or you would like to speak to a chiropractor about starting care, contact us and we can arrange a call back or an appointment.